How did you hear about the KVMR training?
What types of programming most interest you? Check all that apply
For those interested in music programming, indicate your favorite genres below.
Please respond thoughtfully to the following questions. Your application is carefully evaluated for both content and presentation. You may also type your responses in a separate PDF to upload below.
1. What is your motivation to take this class now?
2. KVMR strives to provide a wider range of music, spoken word, and public affairs than offered by either commercial or noncommercial stations in our listening area. What specific skills, knowledge, or experience would you bring to KVMR to help fulfill that mission? Please note any previous radio experience.
3. KVMR is one of the few sources for non-corporate news and public affairs information in our listening area. It is important to us to communicate information to our listeners that would not be easily accessible to them otherwise. If your interest is in this area, discuss specifically what skills, experience and perspectives you might contribute to KVMR’s news and public affairs programming.
4. KVMR’s music programming features a wide array of genres. If you are interested in music programming, please detail your tastes, experience and knowledge and discuss how your contributions might enhance our programming. To illustrate your discussion, include a sample playlist that outlines artist, album, and cut.
5. KVMR is a volunteer-based organization. All certified broadcasters are required to volunteer on a regular basis, and most people passionate about the station choose to volunteer. What are your views on the importance of volunteering and what skills and interests do you have that might compliment this integral facet of KVMR?
Please note that this year's broadcaster training class will be held virtually via. Zoom, Saturday April 3rd & Sunday April 4th from 10am-2pm.
If you'd like to submit a PDF version of your application or a sample playlist, upload your file below.
If you are human, leave this field blank.