PAINTING FOUNDATION AND COLOR THEORY WORKSHOP w/FOREST ALIYA @ THE CURIOUS FORGE ARTS CENTER
June 8 @ 8:30 pm - June 29 @ 9:30 pm$144.00
Have you always wanted to build and improve your painting skills? This is your opportunity to work with a professional artist and other passionate painters. This four week Tuesday Night series workshop will insure you have the foundational skills of color theory, composition, paint mixing and many other skills needed to continue in Curious Forge Open Labs, or your own personal creative practice.
Engage in a series of skill building exercises, creating color and value grids and experimenting with color blocking and glazing. Discussions on creativity and building sustainable art practices.
Just some of the skills and techniques taught in this workshop:
- Build a better relationship with color
- Achieve an understanding how different colors interact with each other intuitively and scientifically
- Understand the values of color
- Learn how to mix the color you want through combining opposite colors, tint, and shade
- Learn the temperament of pigments, if they are opaque or translucent
- Building a sustainable art practice
- The Painting Open Labs are a guided weekly gathering for painters to deepen their practice with along with other passionate painters.