- This event has passed.
Nevada County for Black Lives Concert and Fund Drive
July 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmDonation
A group of local youth activists are partnering with Creating Communities Beyond Bias to raise money for organizations that support Black communities in California and across the nation. A live, online concert featuring local Nevada County musicians will kick-off our 5-day donation period on Thursday, July 30th at 6pm!
All donations will go towards the following six organizations in support of the Black Lives Matter movement:
1. Creating Communities Beyond Bias http://www.healracism.com/
2. Black Earth Farms https://www.blackearthfarms.com/
3. The Youth Justice Coalition https://youthjusticela.org/
4. TGI Justice Project http://www.tgijp.org/
5. The Love Land Foundation https://thelovelandfoundation.org/
6. The Bail Project https://bailproject.org/
Local musicians will play in the live, online concert on July 30th at 6pm. The concert will feature:
Brett Shady (from Golden Shoulders)
Delphine Griffith & Emilie Rose
We want to acknowledge our position as majority white, privileged organizers and use our networks to practice the redistribution of capital as a form of reparations for the ways in which we have benefited from a white supremacist system and been part of the continual harm against and oppression of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Visit our Facebook page, called “Nevada County for Black Lives Fundraiser” or contact us at email@example.com for further information on the organizations and for the Zoom registration.