Apply to join KVMR’s Board of Directors
Written by Del Phoenix on July 16, 2021
Interested in getting involved in community radio? KVMR is currently seeking four people to join the Board of Directors.
- About us: KVMR provides community members opportunities to connect through the development and production of music, news and public affairs programs that entertain, inform, and educate. We are a community-based non-profit radio station celebrating 43 years serving Nevada County and surrounding areas.
- The Opportunity: KVMR’s Board of Directors is seeking four people interested in providing fiscal oversight, fundraising, strategic planning and organizational development to help KVMR remain a vibrant center of communication and connection.
- Commitment: The service commitment is 3 years, with an opportunity to serve a 2nd term.
The qualifications of an effective Board member include:
- Basic fluency with financial reports.
- Experience working effectively in small teams.
- Familiarity with KVMR By-Laws, policies, and a working knowledge of the KVMR Board process.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a non-profit organization, which may include experience as a board member, committee member, or the equivalent.
Application deadline is August 7, 2021.