Do you have an old vehicle that's turning into garden art? Turn that metal into some serious green for KVMR with our new Car Donation Program. All you have to do is make a phone call - the Center for Car Donations does the rest. Proceeds from the sale or scrap of your vehicle go towards keeping KVMR alive and well in our area.
Click here for more information or call toll free 877-411-DONATE (3662).
Why Donate? There are several great reasons, like:
- You don't want to worry about selling your vehicle.
- It is too expensive to repair your vehicle.
- Your vehicle won't pass smog.
- You don't trust your car to be safe on the road.
- You need a tax write-off.
- But the most important reason is that your donation will help us continue to bring you independent, commercial-free programming. Thank you for supporting KVMR.
Car Donation FAQ's
- Does my car have to be running? Not always. It does have to have an engine and be towable. Sometimes if the cost to transport a vehicle will cost more than what it will bring at auction, it may be declined.
- Does my car have to pass smog inspection? No, we can accept it without a smog certificate.
- Does my car have to be registered? No, but you must be the legal titleholder and be able to show proof of a clear title.
- What if I lost the title? Our driver can provide you with a duplicate title form to sign.
- What kind of paperwork will I receive? You will receive a tow receipt when the vehicle is picked up. Thirty days after the vehicle is sold, you will receive an acknowledgement. If your vehicle sells for OVER $500 you will receive IRS Form 1098 B & C.
- How much can I take for my donation? Effective 2005, if the value of the vehicle is over $500, the taxpayer is limited to deduct the amount for which the vehicle sold. In such a case you will receive a Form 1098 B & C within 30 days of sale. If the vehicle sells for under $500 you will not receive IRS forms as you are not required to file them for vehicle donations up to $500. Please consult your tax advisor to determine your benefit, or see additional information from the IRS: click here (PDF).
- What will happen to my vehicle? Your vehicle will be picked up by one of our courteous drivers and sold at auction. Cars are usually sold within 30 days of pick up. Some vehicles may take longer.
- Is there a tow fee? No. If you are out of our towing range, we can offer you the option to drop the vehicle off at our auction house at your convenience.
- Are all cars sold at auction? No. Occasionally, cars that are too old to sell at auction are sold for scrap metal.
- Will I be notified when it sells? Yes. If the vehicle sells for over $500 you will receive IRS Form 1098 B & C. If not, you will simply receive an acknowledgement as required by the IRS.
- How soon can my vehicle be picked up? Vehicles are picked up at a time that is convenient for you. Sometimes appointments can be made the same day you call, and some Saturday appointments are available. Call our representative to find out what times are available in your neighborhood.
- What vehicles do you accept? We take boats (if they are on a trailer), motor homes, trucks, motorcycles (if they are operational), farm equipment, and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, jet skis, etc.) Call our representative at 877-411-DONATE (3662) to find out if your vehicle qualifies.