NEVADA CITY COMMUNITY BROADCAST GROUP
KVMR FM, Nevada City
Hours: Weekdays, plus planned evening/weekend meetings and events as required
Wage Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Vacation and Sick Leave, Health Plan
Closing Date: Open until filled
KVMR FM is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station serving the northern Sierra foothills and Sacramento Valley at 89.5FM and 105.1FM in Truckee/Tahoe. The Development Director is responsible for all aspects of station financial development including membership, underwriting, events, marketing, website and capital campaign. Participates in long-range strategic planning with an eye to optimal financial growth and prosperity. Develops and maintains a program of station promotion, advertising, and community visibility. The Development Director also researches, pursues and maintains auxiliary station funding including grants, planned giving and major giving.
Additional responsibilities include: Stewardship of donors, monthly reporting to KVMR Board and Board Committees, volunteer training and management and staff supervision. This position reports to the General Manager. Persons interested in applying should possess the following qualities:
• AA or BA degree in Marketing or in closely related field preferred. Demonstrable, relevant professional experience.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to diffuse conflict-oriented situations, maintain a positive productive work environment, and motivate team members.
• Knowledge of and experience with fundraising methods, techniques, planning and implementation.
• A strong commitment to improve KVMR’s financial well being as well as its image and visibility throughout our broadcast regions.
• Understanding of HR management rules, regulations, and responsibilities with supervision.
• A passion for community radio.
• Computer literacy, especially database management experience, working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
KVMR FM is an Equal Opportunity Employer • Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
SEE JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW
To apply, please submit letter of interest resume to:
David Levin, General Manager
401 Spring Street
Nevada City, CA 95959
email@example.com • (530) 265-9077 FAX
NEVADA CITY COMMUNITY BROADCAST GROUP
JOB DESCRIPTION (revised 11/12)
JOB TITLE: Development Director
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES: Membership Coordinator, Underwriting Administrator, Web staff, Marketing/Outreach/Events
STATUS: Exempt Position
HOURS: Full time; must work evenings and weekends as necessary
JOB PURPOSE: Provide leadership and coordination for all aspects of station financial development including membership, underwriting and events, marketing and web. Research, pursue and maintain auxiliary station funding including grants, corporate underwriting, planned giving and major giving. Develop and maintain a program of station promotion, advertising, and community visibility. Participate in long-range strategic planning with an eye to optimal financial growth and prosperity.
Essential Job Results:
(Elements of this job description will be periodically evaluated and are subject to adjustment . )
1. Works with staff to create and implement strategies for identifying prospects and financial opportunities in all areas of development-membership, underwriting, and events.
2. Direct oversight for Underwriting Coordinator, Membership Coordinator, Marketing/Event Coordinator, and Web staff.
3. Responsible for periodic reviews, managing HR issues, staffing, and other supervisorial duties.
4. Works with staff to create annual budget for full Development Department.
5. Develops calendars and action plans for all revenue departments to support financing annual operations.
6. Directs and supports the production, coordination and implementation of volunteer activities to support the necessary functions of the Development Department.
7. Plans, develops and directs promotions and advertising for KVMR programming, membership, underwriting, events and other station needs in conjunction with staff.
8. Responsible for overall design and content of KVMR’s website.
9. Coordinates station outreach activities.
10. Evaluates fundraising process, analyzes results, and makes recommendations for increased effectiveness.
11. Coordinates strategies with membership and underwriting colleagues to secure corporate, foundation, government and private funding for station operations.
12. Assesses membership response to fundraising methods and programming decisions.
13. Develops and coordinates auxiliary fundraising programs including grant writing, major giving, and planned giving.
14. Monitors nationwide sales and marketing trends and maintains industry contacts (e.g., Development Exchange, Inc.).
15. Supervise and coordinate the overall look and feel of KVMR's materials, including the website and integrate development activities as appropriate.
16. Monitor and oversee Event Coordinator’s responsibilities of seizing opportunities for KVMR visibility within the community (e.g., at conferences, fairs, mixers) and coordinate with staff to arrange for KVMR to be present when appropriate.
17. Attends all Board, Fundraising Committee, and Financial Review committee meetings, and all other station wide appropriate meetings.
18. In charge of all fundraising efforts and oversight for the Capital Campaign, including indentifying prospects, gift recordkeeping, direct gift solicitation, volunteer management, financial reporting, publicity, and event coordination.
19. Responsible for stewarding and cultivating donors on an on-going basis.
20. Other duties as assigned
1. Good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to work with and motivate team members.
2. Knowledge of and experience with fundraising methods, techniques, planning and implementation.
3. Understanding of HR management rules, regulations, and responsibilities with supervision.
4. An AA or BA degree or equivalent in Marketing or a closely related field.
5. Demonstrable work experience in marketing, promotion and business management, preferably at a radio or television broadcast facility.
6. Demonstrable work experience in planning and implementing effective fundraising operations such as grant proposal writing, planned giving, capital campaigns and/or membership campaigns.
7. Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, etc.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. A strong commitment to improve KVMR’s financial well being as well as its image and visibility throughout our broadcast regions.
10. A passion for the value of a community-based public radio station.
11. Good problem solving skills.
12. Experience in strategic planning.
13. Experience in leadership with employee and volunteer oversight.