Hours: Weekdays, plus planned evening/weekend meetings and events as required
Wage Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Vacation and Sick Leave, Health Plan
Closing Date: August 15, 2014
KVMR FM is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station serving the northern Sierra foothills and Sacramento Valley at 89.5FM, 105.1FM in Truckee/Tahoe and 88.3 Placerville/Camino. The Development Director is responsible for all aspects of station financial development including membership, underwriting, marketing and events. Participates in long-range strategic planning with an eye to optimal financial growth and prosperity. Develops and maintains a program of station promotion, advertising, and community visibility. The Development Director also researches, pursues and maintains auxiliary station funding including grants, planned giving and major giving.
Additional responsibilities include: Stewardship of donors, monthly reporting to KVMR Board and Board Committees, volunteer training and management and staff supervision. Hands-on maintenance of underwriting house accounts, marketing and outreach. This position reports to the General Manager. Persons interested in applying should possess the following qualities:
- AA or BA degree in Marketing or in closely related field preferred. Demonstrable, relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to defuse conflict-oriented situations, maintain a positive productive work environment, and motivate team members.
- Knowledge of and experience with fundraising methods, techniques, planning and implementation.
- A strong commitment to improve KVMR’s financial well being as well as its image and visibility throughout our broadcast regions.
- Understanding of HR management rules, regulations, and responsibilities with supervision.
- A passion for community radio.
- Computer literacy, especially database management experience, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.